Thursday, January 24, 2008

California Girl

Matt and I got to go to the Calvary Chapel Youth Workers Conference for 5 days recently. We brought along Lizzie, while Ruthie stayed at Grandma's house. Chris and Marnee also came from our church. It was held at the Bible College in Murrieta. There are natural hot springs on the campus, a small lake and some water foul that call it home. It is a beautiful place and was fun to see. We were very blessed by all of the bible studies, and the Lord blessed us immensely.
Here is Lizzie eating the chips we were feeding to the ducks, geese and swans.

There was one black swan and one white swan, the white one was mean but the black one was kinda timid.

SUNSHINE,

PALM TREES,

AND A LITTLE GIRL!
I couldn't stop taking pictures!

Her new dress.

A big fountain at night.

Barefoot in January!

Thinking about diving in for a swim.

Playing at the fountain.

So, even though the snow is fun and I love it, our little jaunt down to California made me long for springtime. It won't be long. Spring wouldn't be so awesome if it wasn't winter first.

PS Here's Ruthie at Grandma's house she got an easel and painted a lot of pictures. She is quite the artist.

2 comments:

Seven Mile Rose said...

California looked inviting!!!! I'm getting tired of our very cold temps.
I wouldn't be able to resist taking lots of pictures of those sweet little girls either.
I enjoyed Ruthies stay with me very much.

Jaime said...

I noticed I spelled fowl, as foul. But the birds were not real smelly. I mean, I didn't get close enough to tell for sure, they may have had some smell, but they weren't overly odoriferous or anything.