Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Lizzie loves the puppies, but she is NOT gentle. She was pulling flesh and hair the other day and to scold her I showed her how it feels and I pulled her hair a bit. This would have sent Ruthie bawling and upset that she hurt the puppy, but Lizzie is different, she had a funny little smirk the whole time and never felt any remorse, she has done it several times and each time I scold her I pull a little harder hoping for some reaction, but just a smirk, then I have to hide my face because I am laughing!

Matt was able to splice our cord and now I can use the computer again. I put a bunch of pictures on Flick r, some of the 4th of July Kiddie Parade in Coeur d' Alene. We went with Jean, Kathy, Asia, Maya, Josh and Jessica. We got to walk with our good friends Stephanie, Isaac and Havilah too. It was a fun day!
The girls got a little cold last week and it is still tagging on a tiny bit. Hopefully this will be all we get for the summer. Lizzie is getting better with her words. I can tell many of her words even if others have no idea. The funniest is "uh uh" like how we would say for "no" but hers means "yes." I think she is either trying to say "uh huh" or "yes please" like the same inflections and stuff. It is fine with me cause I understand it without even thinking about it, but when we visit other people it throws them for a loop that she is saying one thing and meaning something totally different. She also says "baby," "buh" for bottle, "puppy," "Buddy," "Tucker," "Te tee" for Ruthie, "Go!," "nyo nyo" is no no, "ni ni" -nigh night, "boom" when a car goes by, and I particularly like when she says "have some" which means hungry, or wants a particular food we have. She says "mmbuh" which I am not sure what this says but it is very randomly said but lately I am thinking it is Grandpa, because she says it on the toy phone and after talking about Daddy often. She say what sounds like "why" for slide, and "wee" for swing. She is a dare devil too, she climbs the ladder to the slide and sits there until I come to catch her coming down, sometimes yelling at the top of her lungs "Maaamaaaa."
Ruthie likes to tell stories, she has a very active imagination and is always talking to me, it wears me out sometimes. She likes to say scenarios, "if I ..." and they are so far fetched I don't even know what to say back but "hmmm."

Here is Ruthie at our friend Charis' birthday tea party, she made them each a tutu and it was very cute. All the little girls drinking tea and wearing tutu's, except Lizzie she squealed once when another girl's tutu touched her. Doesn't Ruthie look beautiful here, she is getting so big.

4 comments:

Seven Mile Rose said...

Who'd of thought you would have such a girly girl! Ruthie you do look very beautiful and proper at your tea party.

tenacious phenmonkey said...

hey jaime...here's my blog

orangefrog76.blogspot.com

melly smelly said...

Hi there you stinker!!! You have a little priss on your hands...which is soooo funny! I hope you are getting to see baby Orian and Laurel, I am so jealous. I will be home Aug 5-11 to help my mom. Hope I get to yank your ponytail while I am there. Kiss the girls for me and slug Matt in the arm please.

The Bakers said...

Oh, "hmmm". Along the same lines as the "I wasn't listenening" "Ohhhhhh..." I love it. Sometimes, though, you just don't know what to say. The one that kills me is "I'll think about it." I find myself SAYING that, when I used to HATE it when my mom said it!